Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day Drama

Gracie and Jack started school on Wednesday.  Grace for a full day and Jack just for an hour, I think he spent more time deciding what to wear than he spent at school.  He wouldn't allow a first day of school picture so I have no photographic proof, but he looked good.  This morning was his 2nd official school day and he was completely exhausted.  He is already tired, lots of sighing and staring off into space before it was time to go.  Luckily Samantha will be able to drop him off at school most mornings as it is on the way to her nanny job!  Yay!  And yay for all the poor people who will have less opportunity to get a viewing of me in my bad morning hair, no make-uped, wearing my jammies and Uggs, drop offs.  I'm sure Jack is relieved as well, though he is too kind to say so.  Back on the ADHD meds for him next week, maybe a little less sighing and staring and more focus will ensue.  I helped him out with his first essay last night and it was highly apparent that he still needs the Vyvanse.  Without it, he does his homework like someone who had three glasses of wine and their favorite song is playing in the background, loopy and highly distracted. 


I'm so FREAKING READY.

Grace was completely ready with her outfit, she has known what she would wear for a month at least.  Her backpack has been packed for a long time and I'm sure she would have packed her lunch weeks ago if it wouldn't have been lethal to do so.  I wish I could transfer a little of Grace's obsessive compulsive tendencies to Jack, they would both benefit.  We all would.

Grace was thrown for a little bit of a dramatic loop on that first day.  She had a substitute teacher and we were informed that her assigned teacher had decided to take a year's leave of absence at the last minute.  I tried to fish around for some gossip about what might be the reason but they were very tight-lipped.  Hopefully, nothing too serious, maybe she just felt that if she had to deal with even one more child she might jump off a bridge, not that I know what that feels like.

No comments: