Monday, September 27, 2010

I want a sister wife

Did you watch it?  I did, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm feeling a new obsession coming on.  My fascination with polygamy is well-known, click the obsessed tab on my facebook and you'll see an ad for 'Big Love' pop up.  My favorite book this summer was 'The 19th Wife', although the Lifetime movie was super lame.  I also loved, loved, loved 'The Lonely Polygamist'.  My interest is likely a result of my deep Mormon pioneer roots, although nowhere in my lds history can we find any indication of polygamy in our family.  We can barely stay married to one person, let alone 3 or 4.  Plus, that pesky Bill Paxton crush I've had since Twister probably makes the lifestyle seem more appealing than it should be.

Gets ya thinking though.  Although, this could never be something I could tolerate in real reality, it seems to have it's merits if you are to believe what this show is bringing.  Sister Wives is TLC's newest reality show...Kody Brown and his three wives have been married for 16 years, have 12 kids and another on the way.  These woman have enviable relationships with each other, they take care of each other's kids, the one who wants to work outside the house does (and comes home to a prepared dinner), the others stay home, one is in school training to be a psychologist(!).  Kody is the husband and appears to be a fantasy man.  He's cute in a surfer dude kinda way, he dotes on his children and wives.  The wives come in all shapes, sizes and degrees of attractiveness and he appears to love them all just the same.  The children seem completely well adjusted and happy, in fact their productivity makes my kids look like lazy slugs (not that that's difficult).  They do yardwork, cook, clean and take care of each other without even a sigh or eye roll.  Seriously. 

I'm anticipating a lot of angst in the episodes to come.  Kody is bringing in a fourth wife, cuter and younger than the others and she comes with three kids of her own.  I smell draaammma.  These are definitely not the Duggars.  Oy!

No comments: