Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Gracie and...follow thru!

Yesterday my baby turned 9 years old.  I'm not a fan of 9.  It's a big year and it has always seemed to be the line between little and big kid.  So, I guess that means I don't have anymore "little kids".  Gulp.

Grace decided that she wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory because they have the "world's best mac and cheese", and Grace should know cuz she is a mac and cheese expert.  Grandma and Grandpa decided to join us, which was fortuitous as they picked up the tab. 

I had one of their "weight management" salads, everything else on the menu will cause me to immediately gain 5 lbs, literally.  Grandma and I had the Pear, Endive and Blue Cheese.  Delish and allegedly only 450 calories, although I'm always sure they are lying about that, part of a world wide conspiracy.  The treadmill lies to me as well, I halve the number of calories it says I burned because I am jaded and sceptical about everything.

Grace's first gift of the morning was this...

Officially now named Gillbert.  That's after being named Mickey for most of the day, then Luigi, then Yoshi.  Please don't die Gillbert, I'm too busy to deal with that life lesson right now.  She also got a new bike, a lot of art supplies, and Grandma and Grandpa brought a the Just Dance game for Wii.  So fun, we were all really dancing up a storm this morning.  (Note to self:  sports bra)  Hysterical to watch Jack dance to Katy Perry's Hot and Cold.  He is one cool dude.  Lolo brought a cute new outfit and Grandpa Gary brought cold, hard cash.  Grace then got a little sad because she was sure she was getting a full-size bed.  Sigh.   All of the people, all of the time, can not be pleased.  She also requested a giant cookie instead of a cake, like the one we had at Oregano's in Tempe.  Gooey and hot with vanilla ice cream on top.  Drew brought her two gifts, a Disney DVD and some Aqua Sand.  He can be so endearing now that he doesn't live here anymore.  All in all, a good 9th birthday.

 Hello....


I KNOW!  This turned out so stinkin cute.  It's now hanging in Grace's room over her bed and I am incredibly impressed by myself.  I have already found some crazy cute Martha Stewart double sided Halloween paper and have the bias tape and rickrack ready to go.  You can't tell in this picture, but the bias tape is purple and the rickrack is green.  I just fainted.  In fact, yes, I die.

No comments: