Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Weeks

Two weeks from tonight I get to give Olivia a big fat hug.  I can see Liv anytime I want on Skype, which is very nice and I'm grateful to whomever invented Skype.  But it's not the same.  I had a dream last night that I was hugging Olivia and I started to cry  in my dream because it felt the same as when I had to say goodbye in that hallway 6 weeks ago.  I'm a little worried about what it will be like to say goodbye again, I think it won't be as terrible as it was the first time.  But, I do think it will be terrible just the same.  Ack, I'm obsessing about her leaving and she isn't even here yet!  I'm hoping our budget will allow me a visit to Tempe this fall, I know I could use the sunshine in my eyes, but mostly I think 7 weeks is too long to go without seeing her.  It's family weekend at ASU this weekend and Dave, Greta, and Jack are going down tomorrow.  I'm happy she will be with family, I know they are really looking forward to seeing her and her new digs. 

I'm  immersing myself into Halloween decorating this weekend.  It's officially Autumn, although it's felt like Fall in Seattle since mid August.  It's just me and Grace, Mike is away playing golf in Bend with his buddies, Jack will be in Tempe, and Sam will be where she is most every weekend.  The weather forecast for Seattle this weekend is sunny and 73, maybe all those green tomatoes hanging on their sad-looking yellow vines will ripen?  I know I'm going to camp my ass on a lawn chair and soak up as many rays as I can.

No comments: