Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sick In So Many Ways...

I'm home sick again today.   Sore throat, lack of sleep, mental illness, etc.  I could probably make it in, if it weren't for my extreme fear of infecting my office neighbor, who has been struggling with illness all year and is in a compromised state, immune-system wise.  Plus, it's a girl's overnight to Portland with my bestest buddies on Saturday and I'm determined not to be sick for that.

There are definitely some big advantages to staying home sick.  For one, I'm alone!  Just me...I won't even let the dog and cat in the house cuz they might ask something of me.  Food, water, scratch!  I cleaned through my discomfort yesterday, because I could.  You know you are a domesticated animal when cleaning without anyone home is more appealing than a trip to Hawaii.  My usual cleaning day is Friday, my day off.  Mike usually makes sure he's home on Friday so he can follow me around and talk about stuff that's interesting to him, and I can grow a brain tumor.  I try to clean but I don't feel productive with him around, so I usually end up at Costco or Target, after a long soak in the tub with the door locked.   *sigh*.  Hey, maybe that's why my house is always a mess? 

Less than a week until Liv is home.  It's heartening to see how fast the last 7 weeks have passed, we have another long stretch to Thanksgiving until she's home again and that feels less daunting than before.  *smiling in anticipation*

No comments: